Thursday, August 9, 2007

Flying Through The Air

The diver that inspected my boat tells me my problem is serious and cannot be fixed without my boat being pulled out of the water. Fortunately this port has several cranes that handle this on a regular basis. After meeting with the marina officials, the company that does the lifting, getting notarized by the police, my boat is hoisted overhead and as if in some remake of Peter Pan flies through the air and is put down on dry land. Somehow it seems all wrong to me. This boat is most happy in clear blue water. It is now more like a high-rise condominium.

The mechanic, his assistant, the Lagoon rep and I all look over the problem. It is more than serious. The bottom half of the screw drive to the propeller is broken completely in half. No one is sure what caused the problem. Of course they want it to be something I did so they do not have to pay out the warranty. I of course reassure them it is nothing I did. The jury is still out. We first have to fix the problem. After calling all over who knows where, we try and locate the part we need. I am still waiting for a shipment date. I guess that is the next blog.

1 comment:

COLOreader said...

Hi Alan! I'm the librarian at Rebecca's school. We met briefly when you were at the school working with clay with the students. How fun to read of your adventures with your daughters! I have to say I am glad to have such a great teammate as Rebecca. Thanks to you and your family for allowing me to share in your adventures through words and pictures. I hope your repairs went smoothly. Having been aboard a catamaran when things don't go smoothly, I can sympathize. May your sails billow and your fuel tanks be full! Candace